Brief about the Country
Bachelor of Medical & Surgery is called MBBS in South Asian countries but in Australia, it has a different name. A number of international students who pass their pre-medical F.Sc or high school dream to study MBBS in Australia or other medicine degrees overseas. Australia is among the top three preferences because of exceptional educational standards and high quality of life. Australia has always been a favorite destination for aspiring future doctors who want to study MBBS in Australia. Australia provides a great working environment, handsome salary and a great lifestyle to its doctors and that is why people are more inclined to study medicine in Australia.
Australia is one of the most popular study abroad destinations in the world. With world class infrastructure, futuristic technologies, internationally recognized degrees and education programs, and versatile teaching methodologies, Australia stands out with great reputation. Students from all parts of the world targets Australia to continue higher education.
- AustralianNational University (ANU) …
- Universityof Melbourne. …
- Universityof New South Wales (UNSW) …
- Universityof Queensland (UQ) …
- Universityof Sydney. …
- Monash University. …
- Universityof Western Australia (UWA) …
- Universityof Adelaide.
The Top 10 Australian Universities for Medicine
- The AustralianNational University Medical School (ANUMS) ANUMS is a graduate medical school, and admissions are based on GPA and GAMSAT scores. …
- Universityof Sydney. …
- Universityof Melbourne. …
- Monash University. …
- Flinders University. …
- Deakin University. …
- Tasmania University. …
- Universityof Queensland
- English Language Proficiency (often a minimum IELTS score of 7)
- Completion of Higher secondary education from a recognized board/institute
- Minimum 17 years of age (which might vary from university to university)
- Undergraduate Medicine and Health Sciences Admission Test (UMAT)
To apply to the graduate medicine courses in Australia a candidate ought to have
- English Language Proficiency (often high levels of proficiency is expected)
- Bachelors’ Degree
- GAMSAT (Graduate Australian Medical School Admissions Test) Score or MCAT (Medical College Admissions Test) Score
It is important to note that a student may not have completed the bachelor’s program in medical sciences or sciences for that matter. Subject is not a constraint for students applying to medical schools in Australia.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in AUSTRALIA
Australian universities are widely recognized for excellence in many disciplines.
Facilities for teaching, training and research are world-class in terms of state-of-the-art laboratories and classrooms, outstanding libraries and modern technology.
- Qualification recognition
Australian qualifications are recognized by employers and leading educational institutions.
- Quality assurances
The Australian Quality Training Framework has been set up by the government to strengthen the quality assurance processes in education.
- Multi-cultural society
Australia is a safe, multicultural, friendly and harmonious society.
- Cost of living
In Australia, a student gets value for money in terms of cost of living. The conversion factor is cheaper compared to the UK or US.
- Job opportunities
Australia offer work permits to international students like none other.
- Possibility of more scholarships
Australia being comparatively new in terms of attracting foreign students offers more scholarship opportunities compared to the United States or the UK. It, however, needs to be kept in mind that Australia is a less populated yet vast country which can fit in employment opportunities at a rate faster than any other part of the world.
- More research opportunities
Australia offers research opportunities to eligible professionals willing to enhance their career.
Scholarships, if available
There is no scholarship available.
Relevant Test to be Passed
No additional test is required to be passed.
Other Test Details
No other tests are required to be passed
- Higher secondary school certificate with qualifying marks / Bachelor degree certificate, from science stream
- UMAT score / MCAT or GAMSAT scores
- Personal interview
Australia has a common education to reach out and submit their applications to study medicine. Both the undergraduate and graduate programs commence from the month of January every year, in all the medical universities for international students. So, if you seek admission to join the medical school in Australia, you have to apply at least 10 months before commencement of the academic year.
Example, if you wish to join MBBS in the academic year that begins at January 2019, you should apply before September 2018. If you apply after September, it will be considered into next year academic entry.
How and When to Apply Information
Call on +91- 9662233661
Before we look into the entry requirements to study medicine in Australia, let us have a look at how medical studies structured in Australia. Until 2004, Australia followed the typical system of medical education, similar to European Countries. It had a bachelor’s degree program, nothing but MBBS, and a master’s program MD. These two degrees were considered the basic undergraduate programs to conduct further research programs in medicine.
Australian Qualifications Framework underwent major changes in the year 2004. Currently, Australian medical colleges two types of medical programs.
- Undergraduate medical degrees for students who complete the high school, and duration of this course lasts for 5 to 6 years, which gives the degree MBBS.
- Graduate program that lasts for 4 years, which gives the degree MD.
Undergraduate Medical Program – MBBS in Australia
The duration of this program in Australia is 6 years. It involves a lot of theoretical classes, followed by rigorous practical sessions, which is implemented by Australian Quality Frameworks towards better education.
However, this entry level UG medical program is not offered by many universities and medical schools in Australia. Only a few medical schools in Australia provide this UG degree for international students. University of New South Wales and University of Adelaide are two popular medical universities in Australia for international students that offer MBBS program in Australia.
Eligibility for this course
- Basic qualification – Higher secondary completion from any recognized board and institute
- Qualifying in language proficiency, Scoring a minimum of 7 in IELTS
- Minimum age 17 years
- UMAT qualifying – Special test conducted as entrance exam for international students.
Graduate Medical Program – MD in Australia
All medical programs, other than the undergraduate degree is considered as Masters Program. MD is a four year program and most of the top medical colleges in Australia and medical universities offer this program. Although all universities confer MD qualification, some universities call it with a different nomenclature. Completion of an undergraduate medical degree is mandatory qualification to study MD.
BHAVYA EDUCATION IS EXCLUSIVE SOLE PROMOTER AND INTERNATIONAL COORDINATOR FOR UNIVERSITY OF MBBS in AUSTRALIA. IT GUIDES STUDENTS IN EACH AND EVERY WAY TO TAKE THEIR DECISION OF FUTURE CAREER. BHAVYA EDUCATION UNDERSTANDS AND SETS THE ACADEMIC GOALS OF THE UPCOMING YOUTH. IT HAS DEEP KNOWLEDGE DUE TO VAST EXPERIENCE.TO STUDY IN AUSTRALIA CALL :- 09409105805 / 09662233661