he University was established in the year 1921 by the dental faculty of Kharkiv Medical Academy.
In 1967, the University was moved to the city of Poltava and was renamed as the Poltava Ukrainian Medical Stomatological (oral medicine) Academy (PUMSA).
Due to its low death rate during surgery, the university received highest accreditation level and then it was renamed as Poltava State Medical University (PSMU) in the year 1994.
As of 2004, PSMU had a level-IV accreditation. Ukrainian Medical Stomatological Academy Poltava, is an MCI recognized Medical University in Ukraine.
Poltava State Medical University – Quick Highlights
|Last Date to Apply||August, 2019|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Course Fee||Rs.2.80 Lakhs/Year (approx.)|
|Course Duration||6 years including internship|
|Medium of Education||English, Russian or Ukrainian|
|University Ranking||Country Rank – 76|
World Rank – 7255
|Accreditation||4th level Accreditation|
Advantages of Studying at Poltava State Medical University
- Because of highly qualified teachers/lecturers and Leaders, MBBS in UMSA Poltava is a very high-quality MBBS Program.
- The cost of studying MBBS in UMSA Poltava for Indian student is low and affordable.
- Indian Students applying for MBBS in Poltava State Medical University are eligible for many licensing examinations like MCI Screening test, PLAB(UK), USMLE (USA), and other licensing exams throughout the world
- No entrance test such as IELTS/TOFEL is required for admission into Poltava State Medical University.
- Cost of Living is low in Poltava and thus the life of students will become easier while studying at Poltava State Medical University.
- Education in Poltava State Medical University is a part of the Bologna Process which ensures high-quality education.
- Poltava State Medical University offers English Medium courses.
- MBBS from UMSA Poltava is Globally Recognised by many organizations in the world.
- There is “No Donation and No hidden charges” while studying MBBS at Poltava State Medical University.
- Studying MBBS at Poltava State Medical University is highly demanded as it is a Government University.
Eligibility Criteria: For MBBS Course at Poltava SMU
- The student must have completed HSC from a regular board.
- Students need to clear NEET from 2019 onwards for admission in any country abroad.
- The student must be minimum 17 years old as on 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject if the student is from the General category.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 40% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry, and must have English as a compulsory subject if the student is from SC/ST/OBC category.
Facilities Provided by Poltava State Medical University
- UMSA has excellent hostel facility close to the academic block in the campus itself for Boys and Girls separately.
- The University hostel gives its students bed sheets, pillow, blanket, Laundry, TV, Refrigerator, Dining and Heating system and Microwave oven for free to use.
- The hostel rooms are clean, airy, hygienic and well ventilated. Each wing of the hostel has a recreation room and the rooms are fully furnished.
- Hostels have 24-hour access to security and emergency services for students.
- Campus residents can also make use of services such as campus Security Services, health Services, and counseling Services.
Facilities offered by Sports Complex of Poltava State Medical University are:
- Stadium (football, athletics)
- Swimming pool
- Table tennis and Tennis
- Class of chess
- Halls for sport games (basketball, volleyball)
- Standard grounds for playing basketball, mini-football, volleyball, a ground tennis court and outdoor sports equipment are available at the sports complex of the University.
- All sports grounds are equipped with modern lighting and an acoustic system.
- The health care of the University offers prevention procedures such as vaccination and eyesight testing for students.
- Doctors of both sexes are included in the Health care staff.
- All students at the University are medically insured.
- The medical care provided by the University covers preventive care, treatment, operations, medical examination and medicaments.
Hostel and Accommodation
- Ukrainian Medical Dental/Stomatological Academy (UMSA) has a very good hostel system with fully furnished rooms, surrounded by a recreation center and a quiet study environment.
- The Ukrainian Medical Stomatological/Dental Academy (UMSA) has 5 hostels with the total area of 36981 sq.m and it can accommodate nearly 3081 students.
- All international students who receive an academic offer get a guarantee of accommodation placement services by the University.
- Certain accommodation options are available for international students and it is important to consider whether students prefer an independent lifestyle or enjoy living in a community.
- Rooms on campus are available to students at the university. All hostel rooms are furnished and vary in the number of conveniences and size.
- Dormitory rooms at the UMSA hostel can accommodate 2 or 3 students to a room.
- All rooms are equipped with a bed, mattress, pillow, blanket, desk, chair, heater, water heaters and suitable lighting for both study and relaxation.
- There are common areas where students can play and mingle in their spare time.
- The students at the hostel are also offered with a facility of a kitchen.
- Every floor has a shared kitchen. Here, students can cook their own food.
- The University has a multi-storey hostel and offers well-furnished rooms with gym, basic furniture, free electricity, Wi-Fi, reading room, 24 Hours Hot and cold running water and much more.
- In nearby apartments, Off-campus housing can be obtained. These available houses and apartments are furnished and vary in size, cost, and the number of conveniences.
- All the rooms are provided with heaters. Hostels of this University have 24-hour access to security and emergency services, making it easy to get assistance when you need it.
Student Life at Poltava State Medical University
- The University provides a comprehensive health care service to all the students of USMA.
- Students of the University are medically insured and the University Health Service is free for all the staff members and University students.
- The students who have completed their medical degrees from Poltava State Medical University in Ukraine can sit for the MCI Screening Test or FMGE.
- Students can study in other European countries as the University has bilateral student agreements in place with countries such as Finland, Czech Republic, Sweden, and others.
- Students get individual attention while studying here as, the Faculty to Student Ratio is about 1:14, that is class size is small.
- Students also get excellent accommodation facilities, sports facilities and great scope for extra-curricular activities.
Cost of Living at Poltava
- Students will need about $1200 per year while studying in Poltava. This is the cost above the cost of their tuition.
- Compared to any other European countries the cost of living in Poltava is less.
- Students should have some cash in hand for immediate costs.
- In Ukraine, there are foreign exchange offices everywhere.
- Students should not carry large amounts of cash personally while roaming out or should not leave any cash in their room.
- Students should open a bank account as early as possible after their arrival. In the University campus, there are four different banks with their branches.
- Eating at a mid-range restaurant in the Poltava city costs around Rs.1100 – Rs. 1200.
- Things of day to day life including food items like vegetables, milk, fruits, grains, cheese, beef, rice, eggs, bread, groceries, chicken, etc. costs between Rs.20 – Rs. 450.
- Rent for a month for 1 bedroom apartment ranges in between Rs. 9,500 – Rs. 16,500.
- One way ticket of any local transport costs around Rs.11 and a monthly pass costs around Rs. 368.
About Poltava City
- On the Vorskla River in central Ukraine, Poltava city is located.
- It is the administrative center of the Poltava Oblast (province), as well as the surrounding Poltava Reion (district) of the oblast.
- The estimated population of Poltava is 296,760 within the area of 112 sq.km.
- The geographical position of Poltava is quite favorable. Poltava stands on important transport routes and provides communication between the largest cities of Ukraine – Kharkiv, Kyiv, and Dnipro.
- Poltava’s location near large metallurgical, engineering and scientific centers such as Kyiv, Kharkiv, Dnipro determined the development of machine building, chemical industry.
- Poltava city’s climate is moderate continental with cool winters and warm (sometimes hot) summers.
- The average temperatures of the city are 5 degrees in January and 18 degrees in June.
- The average amount of rainfall per year totals 162 days and up to 556 millimeters per year.