GBH General Hospital & Memorial Cancer Hospital has been established under the aegis of American International Health Management Ltd. It is a dream come true of the founder Dr. Kirti Kumar Jain (CMD), one of the world’s leading Hemato-Oncologists (USA), whose vision is to give treatment at a nominal cost and bring relief and happiness to the lives of patients and their families.
American International Medical University 2021-22 (AIMU) College of Medicine and Nursing is an innovative school dedicated to providing a learner-centric education of the highest quality, granting opportunities to underrepresented minorities, fostering a diverse academic community, and ensuring that its graduates develop the skills and attitudes of life-long learning, compassion, and professionalism. We also provide students who would otherwise be unable to receive a medical and nursing education with the tools to become successful physicians and nurses. AIMU was founded with the commitment to support undeserved communities and address the impending physician and nurse’s shortage with an emphasis on primary care. As such, the University recognizes its social responsibility to advance the field of medicine, nursing and lead the next generation of physicians and healthcare professionals to respond to global health care needs. In nine short years, we have reached some impressive milestones. Imagine what we can accomplish in the next ten. At AIMU, our mission is to prepare highly dedicated students to become effective, successful Physicians & Nurses by focusing on imparting the knowledge, skills, and values required for our students to establish a successful path in their career.
Commitment to Excellence:-
Students choose AIMU , because of our faculty, curriculum and technologically advanced campus, and our well-earned reputation for providing the education that enables our students to pass their licensing exams. The accomplishments of our MD, ADN & BSN graduates are a testament to the quality of our curriculum, dedicated faculty, and excellent facilities at our Saint Lucia campus in the Caribbean
AIMU is accredited by:-
The Ministry of Education, Saint Lucia AIMU’s curriculum and academic programs are prepared and monitored by Members / Specialists of Medical Councils, including Medical School Accreditation Approval and Monitoring Committee, ECFMG, and the Medical Council of India. We are also widely listed and recognized by many organizations including:
- ECFMG (listed with FAIMER’s IMED)
- World Health Organization
- Medical Council of India
- Medical Council of Canada
- GBH General Hospital & Memorial Cancer Hospital is a Unit of AIHML, which also runs associate Hospital, GBH American General Hospital, Udaipur.
- It is the first comprehensive cancer care hospital in South Rajasthan.
- GBH General Hospital & Memorial Cancer Hospital is a 300-bedded multi-specialty hospital.
- The Hospital provides state-of-the-art care in a warm and soothing environment.
Facilities at GBH General Hospital & Memorial Cancer Hospital
- Labor Room
- Gynecology Ward
- Male General Ward
- Female General Ward
- Pediatrics General Ward
- Functional Lab
- Functional Radiology
- 24*7 Emergency Services
- 24*7 Pharmacy Service
- Departments at GBH General Hospital & Memorial Cancer Hospital
- Medical Oncology
- Surgical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
Linear Accelerator at GBH General Hospital & Memorial Cancer Hospital with highest energy level in Rajasthan
External Beam radiation is the most widespread method of Radiation therapy. It involves focusing a beam of radiation from an external source on a tumor inside the body. Cancer treatment can be done through:
- Conventional Radio-therapy
- 3D-CRT (3D Con-formal Radio-therapy)
- IMRT (Intensity Modulation Radio Therapy)
- IGRT (Image Guided Radio Therapy)
- Clean, Hygienic and comfortable OPD Facilities
- Very helpful & caring front office
- DG sets of 625 KVA capable of taking electrical loads of the whole hospital
- Keeping in mind the safety of patients, we have installed most modern fire detection & fire fighting system
- Central AC plant of 1.50-1.50 ton capacity each, either one of them capable of taking loads of the whole hospital
- High-speed elevators for patients & doctors to ensure rapid vertical movements
- 24 Hrs. Pharmacy with online drug demand system
- Latest RO Plant for safe drinking water
- Well equipped Emergency Department
- Professionally managed security system
- Qualified and skilled housekeeping staff
- Strict follow-up of environmental norms with latest sewage water treatment plant
- Well laid out landscaped garden
- Uninterrupted power supply
- Insurance & Corporate Desk
GBH General Hospital & Memorial Cancer Hospital
(A Unit of American International Health Management Ltd. ) Phone no. 0294-30606000, Fax no. 0294-3060630 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.gbhmch.org
To provide the highest quality tertiary (super-specialty) medical care, exceptional service and best value to all its local and global clientele; through dedicated, highly skilled and compassionate doctors and staff; using state-of-the-art technology. Preparing Medical and Nursing students to meet the challenges in the continually advancing health industry and to provide quality health care to all those in need and bringing health care innovation to serve humanity.
Provide the highest quality tertiary (super-specialty) medical care, outstanding service and best value to all its local and global clientele; through dedicated, highly skilled and compassionate doctors and staff; using State of the Art technology. We are also committed to the growth, development and welfare of our people, and the creation of value for our stakeholders.
- To prepare medical and nursing students to meet challenges in the field of modern medicine.
- To achieve global identity though innovative educational methods.
- To take care of the health of the general public by training future physicians in the most current and advanced medical treatments.
- To contribute to the well being of humanity by teaching students to practice medicine in accordance with high ethical values, with the greatest appreciation for human life.
- To provide the best environment conducive to the education, health and welfare of our students and community.
A primary medical qualification and Master’s level study, preferably in the field of education or medical education, from AIMU or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
English Language Requirements
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- The English language level for this programme is: Standard6
Doctor of Medicine Degree:-
The following are prerequisites for entrance into the Doctor of Medicine programs. While not a prerequisite, AIMU strongly recommends that a Bachelor’s Degree is completed. 90 college credit hours are required for admission into the Doctor of Medicine program.
The following courses are required:-
- 2 semesters (8 Hours) of General and/or Inorganic Chemistry, there must be a laboratory portion to this class.
- 2 semesters (8 Hours) of Organic Chemistry, there must be a laboratory portion to this class
- 2 semesters (8 hours) of Biology or Zoology
- 1 semester (4 hours) of physics
- 1 semester (3 hours) of English
- 1 semester (3 hours) Statistics or calculus
Pre-Health Science / Premed Program:-
For those students who do not have the sufficient credit hours or prerequisite courses to enter either the Doctor of Medicine Program or the nursing program, AIMU has a Prehealth sciences course which offers the requisite courses for entry into either the ADN program or the M.D. program. The Prehealth sciences portion.
Students who are currently enrolled or who have been previously enrolled in a medical school which is approved by the WHO, NBME or other similar accredited or recognized body may apply to AIM-U with advanced standing. Transfer applicants must have their transcripts submitted directly to the AIMU admissions office from the registrar of every school that they attended. USMLE results for each attempt and Step must be submitted to the school. Upon evaluation of the transcripts the transfer student will be placed into the appropriate level. Students who are deficient in the premedical classes must complete the premedical classes before continuing with the M.D. Program.
For admission into the nursing program:
- Applicants from the United States must have a high school diploma, GED or HSED
- Caribbean applicants must have a high school diploma
- Caribbean applicants having completed A level work will be evaluated individually for advance standing.
Nursing School Transfers:-
Students who have been enrolled or are currently enrolled in another nursing program or prehealth science program at another accredited or officially recognized college or university may apply for advance standing into the nursing program. Students must have their transcripts submitted directly to the admissions office. The nursing student will be given proper credit toward graduation and standing in accordance with the quality and amount of courses successfully passed. Foreigners and Graduates of International Colleges and Universities. Applicants to the programs at AIMU-CUC who have been educated in countries with a different education system must provide the following:
- An evaluation of the post-secondary course work which is completed outside the of the United States of America by World Education Services or agencies approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- A notarized translation into English of the original transcripts attached to the original transcripts.
- Results of the TOEFL examination, the score must be 550 or above
The American International Medical University has successfully established a Student Government Association. The Student Government Association aspires to be a member of the American International Medical University community which values the pillars of our common ground: Respect, Integrity, Innovation, Openness, Justice, and Responsibility. This association or any part thereof shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, creed, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, age, economic or social class, major or minor. The Executive Committee consists of a very ambitious team of students who have set great ideas and goals for student development and generally for the advancement of school resources. The purpose of the Student Government Association is to improve the quality of student life at the University both academically and socially by addressing student needs and concerns, providing financial structure for AIM-U student clubs and organizations, and representing the student body in a professional manner. The Student Government Association will be undertaking a number of activities and programs such as Medical Camps, Workshops, Sports, Music, Gym and Fitness, Dance and Theatre, Newsletters, Tours, etc.
Executive Committee President: Chinwe Odimegwu Vice President: Francis Ezekwrume Secretary: Hanah Firdous Assistant Secretary: Katari Kathyayani Treasurer: Kimberly Geoffery Public Relations Officer: Doonen Keghku The Student Government can be accessed by email at email@example.com.
Saint Lucia Medical & Dental Association
The Saint Lucia Medical and Dental Association has a membership which is open to Medical Students. The Saint Lucian Medical and Dental Association has on-going medical education courses as well as social events. This association has developed protocols for the treatment of hypertension in Saint Lucia as well as a protocol for diabetes.
AIMU- AMSA (American Medical Students Association)WHAT IS AMSA?
The American Medical Student Association (AMSA), with a half-century history of medical student activism, is the oldest and largest independent association of physicians-in-training in the United States. Today, AMSA is a student-governed, national organization committed to representing the concerns of physicians-in-training. With a membership of more than 62,000 medical students, premedical students, interns, residents and practicing physicians from across the country, AMSA continues its commitment to improving medical training and the nation’s health. When you join AMSA, you become part of a vital force of future physicians who believe that patients and health professionals are partners in the management of health care and that access to high-quality health care is a right and not a privilege. At AMSA, activism is a way of life. Student idealism is transformed into meaningful public service, innovation and institutional change.
The American Medical Student Association is committed to improving health care and healthcare delivery to all people; promoting active improvement in medical education; involving its members in the social, moral and ethical obligations of the profession of medicine; assisting in the improvement and understanding of world health problems; contributing to the welfare of medical students, premedical students, interns, residents and post-MD/DO trainees; and advancing the profession of medicine.
What are we all about?
Medical school will likely be the most difficult life challenge you have faced. From the rigorous studying to the pressure of fulfilling your roles as student, family member and friend, you need all the help you can get to succeed. AMSA is committed to improving the lives of medical students like you, in big ways and small. Our benefits will make your life just a little easier, and our magazine, The New Physician, will bring a smile to your face and provide a needed diversion from studying. AMSA is about more than just improving medical student lives. We live in the richest country in the world, yet many have no health insurance. Research shows that health disparities are rampant in America. AMSA’s role in these issues is extremely important, because our strength is giving power to medical students to take action and create change about issues that they care about. It’s the presence of visionary medical students and our energy that makes AMSA such a powerful organization.
AMSA-AIMU CHAPTER OFFICERS:Executive President:
MUHAMMED RIHAS RAHIM CLINICAL STUDENT SEMESTER 11 Executive Vice President: MOUNI TEHJA MAHARAJ CLINICAL STUDENT SEMESTER 11 Secretary ARUN THOMAS CLINICAL STUDENT SEMESTER 11 Treasurer BLESSY ANNIE GEORGE CLINICAL STUDENT SEMESTER 11 Social Event Co-ordinator JUSTIN THOMAS PAUL CLINICAL STUDENT SEMESTER 11 Editor In Chief JOEL SAJI JOHN PRE-CLINCAL STUDENT SEMESTER 5 A. Titles:- The officers of the AMSA AIMU Chapter’s executive board shall include: Executive President, VicePresident, Secretary, Treasurer Social event co-ordinator ,Editor in chief and students co-ordinator with the flexibility to create new positions as the necessity presents itself. B.
Any member of AMSA AIMU Chapter shall be eligible for election provided that he/she:
- Is a local member of AIMU- AMSA
- Is currently, or will become if elected, a national member of AMSA.
- Has carefully read and understood the responsibilities held by his/her prospective position.
- Preside at all meetings when available.
- Plan at least one meeting per year (special topic of interest/guest speaker).
- Promptly answer officer correspondence or emails sent from the Webmaster.
- Attend mandatory officer meetings (dates/frequency TBD).
- Help with special event tabling.
- Promote a positive reputation for AIMU AMSA.
- Recruit prospective guest speakers.
PUBLIC AWARENESS EVENTS:-
- WORLD NO TOBACCO DAY
- WORLD HEART DAY- MEDICAL CAMP ( IN ASSOCIATION WITH HEART ASSOCIATION -STLUCIA)
- VARIOUS MEDICAL CAMPS IN ASSOCIATION WITH MINISTRY OF HEALTH, STLUCIA
ACTIVITIES FOR STUDENTS:-
- BASIC CLINICAL SKILL WORKSHOP
- ROAD TRIP
- MOVIE NIGHTS
We are Providing American International Institute of Medical Sciences Rajasthan Admission 2022-23 FromRajkot, Surat, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Palanpur, Junagadh, Jamnagar, Dwarka, Morbi, Kutch, Amreli, Surendranagar, Bhavnagar, Gir Somnath, Banaskantha, Bhuj, Ankles war, Gujarat, India 2022-23, if you are looking then get in touch with us !