- First batch graduate: BDS-2004 & MDS-2010
- BDS Recognition (Gujarat University): GOI Letter No. V.12017/16/99-PMS, dated 18/01/05
- BDS Recognition (Sumandeep Vidyapeeth):GOI Letter No. F.No.V.12017/16/99-DE (Pt), dated 06/05/11
- MDS Recognition: GOI Letter No. F.No.V.12017/21/2005-DE, dated 28/06/10
- Increase seats in MDS Recognition(6 Dept.): GOI Letter No.V12017/07/2014DE, dated September, 2014
- Essentiality Certificate: Govt. of Gujarat No. MCG/102010/SFS-184/J, dated 08/02/11
- University Affiliation: Sumandeep Vidyapeeth – SVU/Acad/I, dated 25/06/07
- Sumandeep Vidyapeeth Affiliation: GOI Letter No. F.9-46/2004-U.3, dated 17/01/07 – validity Permanent
- MDS Permission:
1) F. No. V. 12017/21/2005-PMS(DE), dated 12/04/06
2) F. No. V/12017/21/2005—PMS (DE), dated 11/05/06
- increase seats in MDS Permission:
1) F.No.V.12017/21/2005-DE, dated 06/04/11
2) No.V.12017/21/2005-DE, dated 21/03/12
- To become an accomplished centre of unique evidence based dental education system in the country.
- To provide the best dental care to the needy with state of the art technology.
- To do hypothesis based, community oriented, high impact research which would contribute to formulation of National dental management guidelines in all activities related to medical care.
- To become a name to reckon with in the field of dental care and dental education in India.
- § To implement the revised evidence based curriculum in all its dimensions.
- To give further impetus to adult learning, enhanced learner participation, patient satisfaction, continuous high quality research and development of more management protocols suitable to local problems.
- To create a new paradigm in dental care and education.
Goals & Objectives
- The dental graduate during training in this institution should acquire adequate knowledge, necessary skills and reasonable attitudes which are required for carrying out all activities appropriate to general dental practice involving prevention, diagnosis and treatment of anomalies and diseases of the teeth, mouth, jaws and associated tissues.
- The graduate also should understand the concept of community oral health education and be able to participate in the rural health care delivery programs existing in the country.
The objectives are dealt under three headings:
(A) Knowledge and understanding
(A) Knowledge and understanding :
The graduate acquires the following during the period of training:
- Adequate knowledge of the scientific foundations on which dentistry is based and good understanding of various relevant scientific methods, principles of biological functions; ability to evaluate and analyze scientifically various established facts and data.
- Adequate knowledge of the development, structure and functions of the teeth, mouth and jaws and associated tissues both in health and disease and their relationship and effect on general state of health also bearing on physical and social well being of the patient.
- Adequate knowledge of clinical disciplines and methods which provide a coherent picture of anomalies, lesions & diseases of the teeth, mouth & jaws & preventive, diagnostic &therapeutic aspect of dentistry
- Adequate clinical experience required for general dental practice.
- Adequate knowledge of the constitution. Biological function and behavior of persons in health and sickness as well as the influence of the natural and social environment on the state of health in so far as it affect dentistry.
(B) Skills :
- Graduate should be able to demonstrate the following skills necessary for practice dentistry.
- Diagnose and manage various common dental problems encountered in general dental practice keeping in mind the expectations and the right of the society to receive the best possible treatment available wherever possible.
- Prevent and manager complications if encountered while carrying out various surgical and other procedures.
- Carry out certain investigative procedures and ability to interpret laboratory findings.
- Promote oral health and help prevent oral diseases where possible.
- Control pain and anxiety among the patients during dental treatment.
- Graduate should develop during the training period the following attitudes.
- Willingness to apply the current knowledge of dentistry in the interest of the patient and community.
- Maintain a high standard of professional ethics and conduct and apply these in all aspects of professional life.
- Seek to improve awareness and provide possible solutions for oral health problems and needs throughout the community.
- Willingness to participate in the CPED programmes to update knowledge and professional skill from time to time.
- Help and participate in the implantation of the national oral health policy.