• The USA has the world’s largest international student population, with more than 1,000,000 students choosing to broaden their education and life experience in the United States.
  • Nearly 5% of all students enrolled in higher-level education in the USA are international students, and the numbers are growing.
  • From the mid-1950’s, when international student enrollment was only just reaching 35,000, international education in the USA has come a long way.
  • Every year, the number of international students in the US rises as more and more students choose the Unites States as the place they wanted to broaden their experience and continue their education. In fact, the US is now the most popular country for international students.
  • In the 20th and 21st centuries, the U.S. has become the magnet for hundreds of thousands of bright, ambitious students around the world.
  • The U.S. is the preferred destination for Indian students because U.S. higher educational institutions offer: academic excellence, cutting-edge technology, extensive support services for international students, generous funding opportunities, wide variety of educational options, flexible curricula and hands-on training

Education system:-

  • In 2008, 36% of enrolled students graduated from college in four years.
  • 57% completed their undergraduate requirements in six years, at the same college they first enrolled in.
  • The U.S. ranks 10th among industrial countries for percentage of adults with college degrees.
  • Over the past 40 years the gap in graduation rates for wealthy students and low income students has widened significantly.
  • 77% of the wealthiest quartileof students obtained undergraduate degrees by age 24 in 2013, up from 40% in 1970. 9% of the least affluent quarterly obtained degrees by the same age in 2013, up from 6% in 1970.

Top 10 Universities of USA:-

  • Massachusetts Institute of Technology
  • Stanford University
  • Harvard University
  • California University of Technology
  • University of Chicago
  • Princeton University
  • Cornell University
  • Yale University
  • Columbia University
  • University of Pennsylvania
  • Murray state University
  • Southseattle College
  • Taxas wesleyan Univeristy
  • NYIT
  • Pittsburg State University
  • Arkasss State University
  • California State Univeristy (San Barnardino)
  • University Of Nebraska
  • University Of Maryland Baltimore
  • Duquesne University
  • NJIT
  • Seattle Pacific University
  • Baylor College
  • James Madison University
  • LIU Brooklyn
  • LIU Post
  • Lipscomb University
  • Merrimack College
  • Oglethorpe
  • Roosevelt University
  • Taxas A&M Corpus Christi
  • The University of Vermont
  • West Virgina univeristy
  • Western Washington University
  • University Of Widener
  • Monroe College

How to be prepared for USA?

  • Decide what level of education you will pursue in the U.S.; high school, undergraduate, or graduate.
  • Identify all of the expenses and how to pay for them with scholarships and other financial aid resources.
  • Get an idea of what you will need to submit.
  • Learn about the types of visas and what is required to obtain them.
  • Make a checklist of everything you need to do before leaving, including banking, health insurance, and other living arrangements.

Required Tests:-

  • For Undergraduate Courses : SAT, SAT Subject Tests, ACT
  • For Postgraduate/Professional Courses : GRE, GMAT (further one might have to appear for field specific screening or licensing exams such as USMLE for doctors, NBDE for dentists, LSAT for Lawyers etc.)
  • English proficiency tests : TOEFL (preferred), IELTS

Three types of student visas:-

F1 Student Visa

  • Students applying for a program which requires more than 18 hours of study in a week require an F1 visa. This includes all undergraduate programs as well as graduate programs like MS, MBA, etc.
  • Spouses or children accompanying F-1 visa recipients will travel on an F-2 visa. Please note that spouses are not able to work but may accompany and/or apply for their own visa to the U.S. to work or study.

J1 Exchange Visitor Visa

  • The J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa is for students, visiting scholars or lecturers pursuing an exchange program. For example, Fulbright scholars and many students on short-term study abroad programs from Indian universities will travel to the U.S. on a J-1 visa.
  • J1 visa is usually sought by working professional who goes to America on an exchange program, hence the name Exchange Visitor Visa. These may include a 10-month vocational training or some research fellowship, etc. Whichever be the case, the applicants would be notified for the same by the respective institutions.
  • Spouses or children accompanying J-1 Visa recipients will travel on a J-2 Visa. Please note that spouses are able to work when permission is obtained in advance.

M-1 Vocational/ Non-Academic Student Visa

  • The M1 visa is a type of student visa reserved for vocational and technical schools. While the process remains similar to an F1 visa, the difference is that on entering, the M1 visas are time stamped and students cannot overstay their visit.

Documents required:-

  • Original degree certificates (Bachelors / Masters) / Provisional Degree Certificates
  • Original mark sheets (10th and 12th standard, first year bachelors to date)
  • Provisional mark sheet for any pending results
  • Original mark sheets (diploma), original diploma transcripts (stamped and sealed), and original diploma certificate
  • Original Extra- curricular / curricular activity certificates
  • Original scholarship certificates / awards (if any)
  • Original Certificates showing professional courses / examinations done along with marksheets
  • Copies of your research work / project
  • Relevant test scores, e.g. TOEFL and SAT, GRE, GMAT or LSAT in Original.
  • Bonafide certificate from college (if degree is not received )
  • Resume

When do I apply for USA?

  • After you get favorable decision from universities you have applied to, take a final call on which college you want to attend.
  • Once you receive your I-20, an official endorsement of your academic acceptance by the chosen university, you can apply for F-1 Visa.
  • As part of US visa guidelines, visas cannot be issued more than 120 days before the programmer start date indicated on your form I-20.
  • Usually, the FALL courses at most universities in the USA start in August-September and hence, you can apply anytime after April-May correspondingly.
  • Do note that some courses start in summer (June) and in such instances we do have people applying way early.
  • Part 7 of I-20 indicates the amount required to cover the first year’s expenses. This may be on the higher side.
  • It includes not only tuition fees and living expenses, but also incidental expenses.
  • A solvency certificate issued by your bank to get your I-20 may not be sufficient to show to the visa officer.
  • Visa officers may want to look at annual family income plus the liquid assets of the sponsors to ensure that the student will be able to support her/his study and living needs in the US till her/his programmer ends.
  • If there is still a shortfall, you can apply for an education loan from a trustworthy bank. Also make sure not to deposit a large amount of money abruptly in your account as visa officers may smell a rat and question its source.
  • Once your financial documents are in place, you can proceed with the visa interview.

Are you looking for overseas education? Study in USA is one of best place to consider. We are providing USA admission & visa process advice from course selection to migration. Call us now!

Admission Inquiry