STUDY IN FINLAND
- Finland’s world-leading higher education system offers English-taught bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes in 13 universities and 23 universities of applied sciences.
- Finnish higher education institutions offer over 400 different study programmes and have over
20000 international students studying in several locations around Finland.
- Most of the bachelor’s degree programmes taught in English are offered by universities of applied sciences (UAS), whereas most of the master’s programmes taught in English are offered by universities.
- Finland has been chosen as one of the happiest countries in the world thanks to the high quality of life and education as well as the overall stability.
- We have one of the most advanced educational systems in the world and Finnish schoolchildren have excelled in PISA surveys for several years.
- Finland is also one of the safest countries in the world where the values of equality, integrity, and openness are important.
- Finland is simultaneously at the forefront of technology and still has its roots deep in nature.
- It is a tech-minded society that incorporates state-of-the-art innovations to further improve the quality of life.
- The air is amongst the cleanest in the world and it is the most heavily forested country in Europe with wide-ranging rights for everyone to explore nature and enjoy outdoor activities.
- Even in the Finnish capital, Helsinki, nature is an essential part of the vibrant city scenery.
- All teaching is strongly research-based: all teachers are researchers and all researchers teach.
- This interaction between students and other researchers is an essential part of the academic life at the University of Helsinki and means that our students learn from top scientists.
- It also means that becoming a student at the University of Helsinki is an excellent way to experience the wonders of the Finnish education system.
Top universities in Finland
- University of Helsinki
- Aalto University
- University of Turku
- University of Oulu
- Jyvaskyla University
- Tampere University
- Abo Academi University
- LUT University
- University of Eastern Finland
- Hanga-Helia University
University of Helsinki
- The University of Helsinki is a significant international university and a multicultural institution, attracting students and staff from all over the world.
- Out of 32 000 students altogether 6% are international students coming from some other country than Finland.
- More than 20% of the research and teaching staff and nearly a third of the doctoral trainees and postdoctoral researchers come from abroad.
- In nearly all of the most important international university rankings, the University of Helsinki ranks amongst the top 100 universities worldwide.
- It is the largest university in Finland and one of the leading multidisciplinary research universities in the world, aiming to produce high-impact knowledge and know-how that contribute to solving global challenges.
- You can choose from more than 30 Master’s or Doctoral Programmes in English.
- Student life is also an important part of your study experience. At the University of Helsinki, student life blooms in more than 250 student organisations.
Eligibility for Finland:
- You must provide the official letter of acceptance issued by your hosting Finnish university or educational institute or polytechnic
- You must have a valid passport
- Your passport must have a validity that exceeds the duration of the visa or residence permit you are applying for by at least 3 months
- Your passport must have been issued within the previous 10 years
- You must have a copy of your completed and signed application form
- You must provide proof of your financial ability so as to support yourself financially during your entire period of study in Finland.
- You must provide proof of having obtained valid health and medical insurance that covers the entire duration of your stay in Finland.
- You must be in good physical and mental health and free from any kind of contagious diseases
- You must not have a criminal record
- You must not have been refused entry into Finland previously
- You intend to leave Finland at the end of your authorized stay
Are you looking for overseas education? Study in Finland’s is one of best place to consider. We are providing Finland’s admission & visa process advice from course selection to migration. Call us now!