STUDY IN FRANCE
- France is one of the most popular destinations for international students.
- Among its major advantages are the high quality of education, the remarkably low tuition fees, and the enjoyable French way of life.
- French universities are near the top of renowned university rankings each year.
- Their institutions offer an education that easily competes with other countries.
- France is particularly a good choice for those wanting to study business related subjects.
- The country is a hub for international business and management education, and has lots of business schools in the worldwide rankings.
- France has 71 public universities and they are all funded by the national government, offering excellent education at a very affordable price to all students, domestic or international.
- There are also a number of private universities.
- The academic year begins in September or October and ends in May or June.
- There are two semesters, divided by a break following final examinations at the end of the first semester.
- There are two main types of courses offered at French universities: large lecture courses, where the professor speaks and students take notes, and sections & labs, designed for smaller groups of students where the material covered in lectures is explored in greater detail. Usually, attendance in sections & labs is mandatory.
- Some career-oriented programs also require internships and practical training.
- When it comes to degrees, French universities use a format popular throughout EU: license, master, doctorate. License refers to undergraduate studies and it lasts for 6 semesters (3 years), with 180 ECTS earned.
- Master studies last for an additional 4 semesters (2 years), for a total of 5 years of study and 300 ECTS earned.
- Doctorate can be obtained after the additional 6 semesters (3 years).
- It’s also important to know that every university has an internship referral system and a career services office.
Top universities in France
- Paris Science et Letters Research University
- Ecole Polytechnique
- Sorbonne University
- Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon
- Sciences Po
- Universite Paris-Sud 11
- Ecole des Ponts ParisTech
- Universite Grenoble – Alpes
- Universite Paris Diderot-Paris 7
- Confirmed admission letter from French University/school
- Final admission letter – unconditional
- Proof of Accommodation in France
- Proof of Financial Resources
- Overseas Medical
- Insurance Flight tickets
- Academic Degree Certificate
- Valid Passport
Are you looking for overseas education? Study in Finland’s is one of best place to consider. We are providing Finland’s admission & visa process advice from course selection to migration. Call us now!