Jilin University, located in Changchun City, Jilin Province, was founded in 1946. It is a key comprehensive university under the direct jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education, and strongly supported by China’s “Project 211” and “Project 985”. In 2000, Jilin University merged with the former Jilin University of Technology, the former Norman Bethune University of Medical Sciences, the former Changchun University of Science and Technology and Changchun Institute of Posts and Telecommunications. In 2004, the former University of Military Logistics also joined.
Jilin University offers a wide range of disciplines, including 43 colleges or schools, covering 13 academic categories, namely, philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, science, engineering, military science, medical studies, management, and art. There are 129 undergraduate programs, 304 accredited postgraduate programs, 244 accredited doctoral programs and 42 centers for post-doctoral studies, 47 first-class university and discipline construction projects.
Jilin University boasts outstanding faculties. There are 6,633 faculty members in total, among which there are 2,016 professors and 1,213 doctoral advisors. There are 28 members of Chinese Academy of Sciences or Chinese Academy of Engineering (including 18 adjunct members), 7 senior professors of philosophical and social sciences, 20 members of assesment group of the Academic Degrees Committee of the State Council, 34 involved in the “1000 Talents Project” and 7 in “10,000 Talents Project”, 9 national-level outstanding teachers, 5 chief experts in research and construction projects of the Marxism theory in the central government, 5 chief scientists in the national “Program 973”, 13 young and middle-aged experts with prominent contribution, 35 selected in the “Changjiang Scholars Program”, 32 winners of the “National Outstanding Youth Fund”, 16 winners of “National Excellent Youth Fund” and 65 selected in “Changbai Mountain Scholars” in Jilin Province.
Our university is now home to five state key labs, 1 national engineering laboratories, 5 national-local joint laboratories, 1 national engineering and technology research center, 6 humanities and social science key research bases of the Ministry of Education, 11 key laboratories of the Ministry of Education and 24 key laboratories of other ministries. Jilin University has undertaken a great number of research projects at both national and provincial level, generating considerable scientific achievements with good prospects for industrialization and high technical content.
We has established a high-level talent training system from bachelor-master-doctor degree. There are 69,587 full-time students, with 24,391 doctoral and postgraduate students, 43,646 undergraduate and college student, over 2,000 overseas students and 193,883 students receiving adult education.
Jilin University has extensive exchanges with foreign countries, and close cooperation with other universities. Cooperation and exchange relations with 259 universities, research institutions or international academic organizations in 39 countries and regions have been established. In recent years, we have cooperated with first-class higher institutions abroad, setting up 29 joint research centers and labs.
Adhering to the principles of “active development, standard management, innovation through reform”, our university has been actively guiding and promoting the healthy development of the industry of science and technology based on standard management; we have been carrying out an all-out reform on companies exclusively invested by our university, establishing and implementing a modern corporate system; We also promote the transformation and industrialization of scientific achievements of our university, bringing about a great number of booming hi-tech companies combining production, learning and research. In addition, the Science and Technology Park of our university has been identified as a National University Science and Technology Park.
There are 6 campuses, 7 school areas in our university, with the campus covering an area of 6.11 million square meters, and school construction 3.63 million square meters. Our university has a Zhuhai Campus, covering an area of 5,000 mu (about 3.33 million square meters). There are 7.43 million books of various kinds in our university library, which has been recognized by UNESCO, UNIDO and World Bank. Approved by the Ministry of Education, CALIS Northeast Center in our university is recognized as one of seven centers in China.
Taking development strategies as “Pillar our university with academic achievements, empower it with talents, prosper it with innovation, enliven it with an open atmosphere, pride it with its unique culture”, our university aims to become a high-level research university which is first-class in China and renowned internationally by 2020, an important base for training highly qualified innovative talents, transformation of high-level scientific research and achievements as well as introducing high-quality social service and advanced culture, also one that enables students to develop in an all-round way, makes faculties proud and widely recognized at home and abroad. We’re determined to build Jilin University into a world-class university by its centennial.
Dr. Li Yuanyuan, President of Jilin University, Academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering
”Jilin University aims to become a high-level research university, first-class in China and renowned internationally by 2020, an important base for training highly qualified innovative talents, transformation of high-level scientific research and achievements as well as introducing high-quality social service and advanced culture, also one that enables students to develop in an all-round way, makes faculties proud and widely recognized at home and abroad. We’re determined to build Jilin University into a world-class university by its centennial. Let us all act in accordance with the motto of “Truth, Innovation, Aspiration”, pursue excellence, work for the realization of our university’s development goals!”
The Jilin University Constitution
(Revised in 2014) (Adopted at the Twelfth Session of the Congress of the CPC Jilin University Committee on December 28, 2005 and promulgated for implementation on January 1, 2006. Amended in accordance with The Resolution on the Jilin University Constitution (Revised Draft) at the Seventh Plenary Session of the Thirteenth CPC Jilin University Committee on December 26, 2013, reviewed and approved at the Thirteenth Session of Ministry AffairsConference of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, and confirmed by The Letter of Confirmation (No.7) Concerning Constitutions of Institutions of Higher Learning Issued by the Ministry ofEducation of the People’s Republic of China. )
Preamble Founded in 1946, Jilin University was identified as a national research university by the Communist Party of China (CPC, hereafter) Committee in 1960. On June 12th, 2000, Jilin University amalgamated other four universities and colleges, namely the former Jilin University of Technology, the former Norman Bethune Medical University, the former Changchun University of Science and Technology, and the former Changchun College of Posts and Communications. In 2004, the University of Military Logistics became another campus of Jilin University. In the past decades, Jilin University has attracted a large number of scholars home and abroad and nurtured many outstanding graduates who have made tremendous contributions to academic, economic, and social development. It has won a great academic reputation and prestige, formed an excellent tradition and ethos, and established the spirit of Jilin University as seeking truth and virtues, being democratic and tolerant of differences, abiding by laws, and keeping pace with the times. Jilin University aims at becoming a world-class university. Its motto “Truth, Innovation, and Endeavor for Prosperity” reveals this vision. With humanistic education as its principle, Jilin University takes on theresponsibility of training innovative talents, conducting high-level research, providing service to society, and being a vanguard of cultural development.
Chapter One General Principles
1. The Constitution is formulated in accordance with relevant laws and regulations. The purpose of the Constitution is to guarantee autonomy of the University, improve the modern university system, and fulfill the mission of the University.
2. As an educational institution, Jilin University is its full name and abbreviated as JLU.
3. The address of the University is No.2699 Qianjin Street, Changchun, Jilin Province, P. R. China. The University has seven campuses and reserves the right to make adjustment to its campuses. The official website of the University is http://www.jlu.edu.cn.
4. The University shall be a non-profit educational institution with an independent corporate entity. It shall enjoy autonomy in teaching, research, administration, and finance while bearing legal liability independently.
5. The University shall implement national educational policies, including those of the CPC in all aspects. It shall promote civic values and virtues and cultivate high-end talents with all-round development in the aspects of morality, intelligence, physique, and aesthetics. In addition, the University shall also fulfill its mission of educating students to be specialists, innovators, and doers with conscience, a sense of social responsibility and an international vision.
6. The University shall better construct the modern university system in accordance with the principles of governing the University by law, implementing autonomous management, accepting supervision from students, faculty, and staff, and inviting participation of people from all walks of life.
7. President of the University, under the leadership of the CPC Jilin University Committee, shall take the responsibility for the University and act as the legal representative.
8. The University, pursuant to laws, shall apply a democratic approach to management, with faculty members in charge of academics.
9. The University shall implement a two-tier management system at the University level and college level respectively. The University shall respect, encourage, and expand college autonomy in management and operation by bringing the dominating function of colleges into full play. The University shall administer its divisions, departments, and units in a variety of ways, such as vertical management, extended management, and decentralized management.
10. The University shall implement an open policy in operation, actively serving national strategies, shouldering social responsibilities to fulfill its public functions, and promoting internationalization of education.
Chapter Two Governance and Management
11. The University, under the administration of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, is anational full-time institution of higher learning.
12. In accordance with laws and regulations, the University Governance shall guide the University’s reform andmanagement, regulate its operation, appoint and dismiss the University heads, and reform the selection and election system of its leadership. It shall also assess teaching and research, adjust the allocation of educational resources, and correct or punish the misuse or abuse of autonomy in governance.
13. In accordance with laws and regulations, the University Governance shall ensure the autonomy of the University by organizing teaching, research, and public services with a focus on talent cultivation, and by providing an adequate, stable but increasing amount of funding as well as other fundamental sources and necessary policy supports for the development of the University.
Chapter Three Functions and Programs
14. The University shall focus on cultivating talents by engaging in teaching, research, public services, as well as cultural inheritance and innovation.
15. The University shall determine its size appropriately according to needs of the state and society as well as its own conditions.
16. The University shall have a complete range of academic disciplines, characterized by comprehensiveness, research-orientation, and dynamic governance. Accordingly, the University shall reserve the right to establish and adjust disciplines and majors.
17. The University shall admit its students by selecting the most competitive candidates in a just, fair and open way within the bounds of laws and subject to public supervision.
18. The University shall engage in higher learning with all efforts, promote higher vocational educationmoderately, and develop continuing education programs reasonably.
19. The University shall primarily provide degree programs for full-time undergraduates and postgraduates. It shall determine and adjust the length of its degree programs based on its credit system in conformity with laws. 20. The University shall, with its autonomous governance, set up programs, make teaching plans, compile and select textbooks, and organize teaching activities to fulfill the goal of cultivating talents.
21. The University shall lawfully confer diploma and degree certificates on qualified students. It shall grant Bachelor, Master, and PhD degrees pursuant to the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China onAcademic Degrees.
22. The University shall grant honorary titles to those who have made outstanding contributions to social development and human civilization, and honorary doctoral degrees to excellent scholars or renowned public personages.
23. The University shall engage in fundamental and applied research in order to promote academic advancement, scientific innovation, and technological transformation.
24. The University shall make the best use of its academic advantages to serve economic, political, social, cultural, and human development.
25. The University shall give full play to its educational function and promote cultural inheritance and innovation with contributions to the development of Chinese culture and human civilization.
26. The University shall enjoy the autonomy in cooperative exchanges with overseas universities and colleges, research institutions, and enterprises, develop its international student education programs, and initiate joint schools with foreign counterparts.
Chapter Four Administration and Management
Section One Administration System and Organizations 27. The University shall decide its administration system, establish its organizations, and define its powers and duties. 28. The CPC JLU Committee shall dominate the leadership of the University and support the President in exercising his or her powers to manage the University. The CPC JLU committee shall perform the following major duties:
(1) to publicize and implement the Party’s lines, principles, policies as well as its decisions, to govern theUniversity by law, and adhere to socialism, to promote development of the University by relying on all students, faculty and staff, and to promote all-round development of citizens who shall be reliable builders of a socialist China;
(2) to evaluate and define the fundamental administrative system of the University, to discuss and decide major issues concerning reform, development and stability of the University as well as issues related with its teaching, research and administration;
(3) to discuss and decide the administrative structure of the University and the appointment of administrative directors, to be in charge of selecting, training, assessing, and supervising those directors and other administrative officials, and of the development of talented personnel;
(4) to be responsible for ideological education, Party building, working ethics and administrative system construction, as well as anti-corruption campaigns and to implement the responsibility system for Party building; (5) to better the Party members’ understanding of Chinese Characteristic Socialism Theory and strengthen theirconviction of following the Chinese characteristic socialism road by organizing them to study Marxism-Leninism, Mao Zedong Thought, Deng Xiaoping Theory, key elements of Three Represents, and the Concept of ScientificDevelopment. In addition, to organize Party members to study the Party’s lines, principles, policies, and decisions,its basic knowledge as well as scientific, cultural, legal, and professional knowledge;
(6) to direct ideological and moral education of the University to promote the construction of a harmonious campus;
(7) to direct other political organizations such as the Staff Union, the Communist Youth League, the Women’sCommission, the Students’ Union, and the Faculty and Staff Congress of the University; and
(8) to guide the United Front effectively by politically directing democratic parties’ organizations of colleges anduniversities, supporting their activities conforming to their own organizational rules, and those organized by other members of the United Front. The CPC JLU Committee shall observe democratic centralism, combining collective leadership with individual responsibility. The Secretary of the CPC JLU Committee shall preside over Party Committee conferences, and members of the Party Committee shall perform their duties in accordance with the principle of collective decisions and division of labor. Between the plenary sessions of the CPC JLU Committee, its standing committee shall perform its duties.
29. The CPC JLU Commission for Discipline Inspection shall be instituted to carry out inner-party supervision.Focusing on the central task of the University, it shall inspect the implementation of the Party’s lines, principles,policies, and decisions, as well as the University’s important decisions under the leadership of the CPC JLUCommittee and higher discipline inspection commission. It shall also rule on disciplinary offenses in order to promote sound development of the University and to prevent the University from corruption.
30. The President, as the legal representative of the University, shall represent the University and be responsible for the overall administration within the University. The President shall exercise the following major powers:
(1) to outline blueprint of the University, to make specific regulations and annual work plans as well as to ensure their implementations;
(2) to organize teaching and research, to advance academic and faculty development, and to promote international cooperation and exchanges;
(3) to plan University administrative divisions, offices, and departments, to recommend Vice President candidates as well as to appoint and dismiss administrative directors within the University;
(4) to appoint and dismiss faculty and staff members, to manage the registration and records of the students, and to award students, faculty and staff as well as to impose penalty on them according to the relevant laws and regulations;
(5) to make and implement the annual budget plan, to protect and manage the assets of the University, and to raise funds for the University; and
(6) to exercise other powers stipulated by laws, regulations, and rules.
31. The President shall exercise powers and perform duties. Under the unified leadership of the President, the Vice Presidents shall be responsible for the jobs assigned to them by the President, each taking charge of several administrative divisions and ensuring the operation of each division.The President shall chair meetings to administer important management. The President shall report to the Faculty and Staff Congress to ensure open and democratic administration of the University.
32. The University shall set up Academic Committees including the University Academic Committee, eight Division Academic Committees, and College Academic Committees. The University Academic Committee shall be the supreme academic authority. It shall make the overall university planning, exercise its powers such as decision-making, evaluation, judgment and consultation on academics. It shall also promote academics such as faculty promotion, teaching support, research, academic development, evaluation, as well as academic morality and integrity development. The University Academic Committee shall include one chairperson and several vice chairpersons in addition to other members. The chairperson, recommended by each Division Academic Committee, shall be nominated by the University President, and the candidate shall be approved by the University Academic Committee. Fifty-odd members of the University Academic Committee shall be elected from colleges and academic departments. Division Academic Committees and College Academic Committees shall perform their duties under the guidance of the University Academic Committee.
33. The Academic Committee shall be composed of a Faculty Promotion Committee, a Teaching Committee, and other specialized committees. All specialized committees shall report their work to the Academic Committee of the University, receive its guidance and supervision, and perform their duties in accordance with their own bylaws. The Faculty Promotion Committee of the University shall be responsible for faculty promotion, subject to certain criteria and regulations. The Teaching Committee of the University shall be responsible for teaching management, such as review, comment, guidance, supervision, and consultation of relevant issues.
34. The University shall set up its Academic Degree Evaluation Committee. The Academic Degree Evaluation Committee of the University shall be responsible for issues related to academic degrees, such as their management, evaluation, and conferment in accordance with laws and relevant regulations. The University shall set up Academic Degree Evaluation Sub-Committees in response to specific needs, which shall perform their duties under the authorization of the Academic Degree Evaluation Committee of the University.
35. The University shall support the Academic Committee and the Academic Degree Evaluation Committee in exercising their powers in accordance with their own committee regulations and rules. The University shall establish a coordinating mechanism in which the administration and the above-mentioned two academic committees function independently but are supportive with one another.
36. The University shall set up task forces, which shall perform their duties in accordance with their regulations, providing assistance to the University in decision-making.
37. The Faculty and Staff Congress shall be the fundamental means for the participation of the faculty and staff in university management and supervision. It shall enjoy its rights within the bounds fixed by its bylaws. The Faculty and Staff Congress of the University shall establish an executive committee by election. Between the plenary sessions of the Faculty and Staff Congress, the executive committee shall perform its duties under the authorization of the Faculty and Staff Congress.
38. All democratic parties and organizations of the University shall carry out activities in accordance with their own bylaws.
39. The University Council shall be consulted on administration and management of the University. It shall submit proposals concerning important issues such as reform, academics, faculty development, and campus construction. The University Council members shall include academicians, senior professors, university leaders, both incumbent and retired, department heads and administrators, faculty and students, who represent their corresponding groups.Other political parties’ representatives and non-party representatives shall also be included. A plenary session of the Council shall be held at least once a year, which shall perform its duties in accordance with its regulations.
40. The University shall establish a Board of Trustees to participate in University governance. The Board shall engage itself in providing consultation, direction, and supervision concerning important issues such as University reform and development. The Board shall be composed of government officials, well-known scholars, the University President, other administrators of the University, outstanding alumni, famous entrepreneurs, and other distinguished personages. At least one plenary session shall be held annually and the Board shall perform its duties in accordance with its regulations.
41. The University shall set up its administrative departments and offices, branches of the CPC and other committees and organizations based on the principles of efficiency, unity and efficacy. And each of the above shall perform duties under the authorization of the University. The University shall set up administrative offices on different campuses if needed, which shall be responsible for coordinating work, implementing management, and providing service within each campus.
42. The University library shall be a major platform for the University development, providing study, research, and consultation services.
43. Public services institutions of the University, such as the museum, archives, and the internet center shall perform their corresponding duties.
44. Subsidiaries of the University with independent corporate capacity shall carry out comparatively independent management and administration as stipulated by laws, regulations, and rules of the state and the University.
45. Institutions or agencies, which are set up jointly by the University and other institutions or organizations, shall lawfully carry out activities such as cooperative teaching and research, technology development, and service to society. Section Two Teaching and Research Institutions
46. The University shall set up colleges or schools on the basis of an academic discipline or closely related disciplines. Under the University authorization, colleges shall enjoy the autonomy of management, educating students, conducting research, advancing academic development, providing public services, protecting cultural inheritance, supporting innovation, and promoting international exchanges. The University shall set up departments and teaching centers if needed, which shall fulfill corresponding obligations while enjoying rights in accordance with relevant regulations and authorization.
47. According to the University’s plans, regulations or with its authorization, each college shall make andimplement its own plans in the areas of academic development, faculty development, curriculum design, teaching, research, and other academic activities and events. It shall propose its annual enrollment plan, set up offices within the college or school, and make bylaws. Each college shall recruit and manage its faculty and staff members and be responsible for educating its students, granting awards, and imposing penalties. Each college shall also manage and spend the funding and properties allocated by the University and take care of other matters as authorized by the University.
48. The joint meeting of the Communist Party and Administration of each College shall be the major means of discussing and finalizing the decisions concerning the college blueprint, academic development, research, talent cultivation, faculty development, ideological work, administrative management, and other issues as well. Chair of the Joint Meeting of the Communist Party and Administration of each College shall be determined according to the agenda of the meeting. The chair shall be the Secretary of the Party Committee, provided that the topic concerns Party Committee issues; the chair shall be the Dean of the College, provided that the topic concerns administrative issues; the chair shall be determined with a consensus between the Secretary of Party Committee and the Dean of the College, provided that the topic concerns both.
49. Dean of each College or School shall be the chief executive of the College and as such be responsible for academic development, teaching and research, faculty development, and other administration within the college. Dean of each College shall be selected or recruited with the voting from students, faculty, and staff, or with the recommendation from the Party Committee. The candidate of the Dean shall be approved by the CPC JLU Committee, and the Dean be appointed by the President of the University. Dean of the College shall report his or her work either to all the faculty and staff members or the Faculty and Staff Congress on a regular basis.
50. The CPC College Committee (General Party Branch) shall take charge of ideological and political workincluding Party building to guarantee the implementation of Party’s lines, principles and policies, and to ensure theimplementation of various University decisions. It shall support and inspect the fulfillment of duties by the Dean of the College.
51. Each college shall set up a College Academic Committee, which shall perform duties in compliance with relevant regulations.
52. Research centers, key laboratories, engineering laboratories, and engineering centers of all-levels, affiliated with the College, shall fulfill corresponding obligations while enjoying rights in accordance with relevant regulations and under the authorization of the University.
53. The University shall set up Academic Divisions based on academic disciplines due to the demand of academic development of each disciplinary area. Each division shall consist of several colleges or schools and research institutes within the same disciplinary area. The academic divisions shall work and function under the authorization of the University.
54. Each division shall have its own director, decided by the Standing Committee of the CPC JLU Committee. The director shall be appointed and dismissed by the University President and perform his or her duties under the authorization of the University President.
55. Every division shall set up its own Academic Committee, which shall perform its duties in accordance with its own bylaws and relevant regulations.
Chapter Five Faculty and Staff
56. The University faculty and staff shall include teachers, administrators, logistic personnel, technicians, and other employees. In accordance with laws, regulations, and rules of the state and the University, each member shall sign a contract with the University and fulfill the requirements as stated in the contract accordingly.
57. The University shall require its faculty to be certified professionally and promoted academically based on their qualifications, its technical staff members qualified occupationally and administrators ranked based on clerical criteria.
58. The University shall assess and evaluate its faculty and staff on a regular basis. The evaluation results shall be used in a variety of appointments, promotions, awards, and penalties for the faculty and staff.
59. In accordance with laws, regulations, and rules of the state and the University, the faculty and staff shall enjoy the following rights:
(1) to use public resources of the University;
(2) to have equal opportunities for working and self-development;
(3) to be fairly evaluated in aspects of morality, ability, performance, etc;
(4) to acquire payment, awards, and honorary titles of various kinds and levels equally;
(5) to be informed of the University’s reform, development, and important matters concerning their immediateinterests;
(6) to participate in administration and supervision, providing suggestions on the management of the University; (7) to express their different opinions and file appeals concerning hiring and promotion, benefits and well-being, awards, penalties, and other matters; and
(8) to enjoy other rights stipulated by laws, regulations, and rules of the state and the University, and employment contracts. 60. In accordance with laws, regulations, and rules of the state and the University, the faculty and staff shall perform the following duties:
(1) to respect students and care for their well-being;
(2) to work diligently and fulfill responsibilities;
(3) to adhere to professional ethics and academic norms;
(4) to cherish, maintain, and protect the University’s reputation and interests;
(5) to abide by the University regulations; and
(6) to perform other duties stipulated by laws, regulations, rules of the state and the University, and employment contracts.
61. Teachers shall be the leading force of the University. Apart from being exemplary role-models, teachers shalldevelop students’ characters, impart knowledge, endeavor to innovate in scientific knowledge, promote advancedthoughts, and cultivate talented citizens as well.
62. The University shall respect teachers’ creativity, maintain academic freedom, provide teachers with supportand facilities to ensure their teaching and research, academic innovation, professional development, and self-improvement. As for young teachers, the University shall provide and create a sound institutional culture and academic atmosphere. In the meanwhile, the University shall regulate teachers’ academic behaviors and guide them to establish academicintegrity.
63. Professors, scholars, and researchers who visit Jilin University as visiting professors, adjunct professors, honorary professors, visiting scholars, post-doctoral fellows, and international teachers shall fulfill corresponding obligations while enjoying rights as stated in contracts in accordance with laws, regulations, and rules of the state and the University.
64. The University shall guarantee the legitimate rights and interests of the faculty and staff and provide necessary relief, which shall be institutionalized.
65. The University shall institutionalize means and measures to improve the working and living conditions for the faculty and staff. The University shall endeavor to enhance the working and living standards for the faculty and staff.
Chapter Six Students
66. Students shall be those who are admitted by, enrolled, and registered in the University.
67. In accordance with laws, regulations, and rules of the state and the University, students shall enjoy the following rights:
(1) to have equal access to the University education, educational resources, career counseling, guidance, and service;
(2) to change major or take interdisciplinary courses offered by other colleges provided that the students meet certain prerequisites and follow certain procedures;
(3) to enjoy equal opportunities for further education and for academic and cultural exchange activities home and abroad;
(4) to acquire all-round development with their own individual characters;
(5) to be granted with diploma and degree certificate;
(6) to organize and participate in students’ associations;
(7) to have equal opportunity to receive scholarships, grants, awards, and honorary titles of various kinds and levels;
(8) to be informed of the University’s reform, development, and important matters concerning students’ immediateinterests, and to provide suggestions on the operation of the University;
(9) to appeal to the University, higher administrative departments in charge of education or judicial institutions for issues concerning disciplinary punishment and decisions related to students’ own interests; and
(10) to enjoy other rights stipulated by laws, regulations, and rules of the state and the University. 68. In accordance with laws, regulations, and rules of the state and the University, students shall perform the following duties:
(1) to study diligently and complete required courses;
(2) to maintain the University reputation, and protect the University’s interests;
(3) to comply with regulations of registration and record as well as students’ code of conduct;
(4) to comply with regulations concerning examination as well as diploma and degree conferment; (5) to pay tuition and relevant fees as required;
(6) to maintain and make sensible use of the teaching equipment and facilities as well as other properties of the University;
(7) to perform other duties as stipulated in laws, regulations, and rules of the state and the University.
69. The University shall guide students in cultivating such virtues and characters as cherishing life, protecting nature, respecting human rights, respecting teachers, being patriotic, honest, trustworthy, and ardent for public services.
70. The University shall set up a protection mechanism to safeguard students’ legitimate rights and interests. 71. The University shall render help and support to students in special needs, and ensure their healthy development. 72. The University shall award students who have gained outstanding achievements or honors for the University, and discipline those who have violated the University regulations.
73. The University shall confer graduation certificates on students who have completed the required courses, and confer degree certificates on students in compliance with the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China onAcademic Degrees.
74. The Students’ Congress and Graduate Students’ Congress shall be the basic means for students to participate inthe University administration and supervision. Each Congress shall hold a meeting once a year or every other yearto elect leading bodies of the Students’ Union and the Graduate Students’ Union, to evaluate their work, and toamend their bylaws. The Students’ Union and Graduates’ Union shall be organizations for students’ autonomous education andself-management. Their work shall be carried out in compliance with their bylaws, under the leadership of the CPC JLU Committee, and under the guidance of the Chinese Communist Youth League Jilin University Committee. 75. The Students’ Associations shall be established upon the approval of the University and carry out activities incompliance with laws, regulations, and rules of the state and the University. The Students’ Association Union shall coordinate among students’ associations, and exercise powers inaccordance with its bylaws.
Chapter Seven Finance, Infrastructure, and Logistics
76. The University finance shall mainly depend on government funding allocation. Meanwhile the University shall raise funds from other channels, such as financial subsidies from the state and province, as well as incomes from other sources. The University shall further its fundraising from a variety of sources in order to set up grants, scholarships, and assistantships for teaching and research.
77. The University shall adhere to the principle of managing the University prudently so as to improve the capital efficiency.
78. The University shall set up a financial management system characterized by a unified leadership, a centralized accounting system, and a multi-layered management structure. To ensure the appropriate use of funds, the University shall enforce a financial responsibility system as well as an auditing system.
79. The University shall protect and make judicious use of its name, reputation, and intellectual property.
80. The University shall manage state-owned assets occupied and utilized by the University. To allocate resources judiciously, and improve the efficiency of the use of resources, the University shall implement a sound asset management system.
81. The University shall implement scientific planning on its infrastructure. In accordance with the overall planning, the University shall determine construction projects, carry out infrastructure construction, optimize the campus function layout, improve the operating conditions of the University, and promote a coordinated development of various campuses.
82. The University shall make unremittingly endeavor to optimize its logistics and service system, ensuring the working and living conditions for students, faculty, and staff.
Chapter Eight The University and Its Public Relations
83. The University shall participate in public services, update the information to the public, and be ready for public supervision.
84. The University shall strengthen exchanges and cooperation with professional associations, enterprises, government agencies, research institutes, and social organizations, promoting innovation collaboratively. The University shall encourage and support academic associations to set up offices on campus, which shall carry out their work in accordance with laws, regulations, and rules of the state and University as well as their own bylaws. 85. The University shall make the best use of the communication between its Board of Trustees and the society, to expand the cooperation, and collect donations and fundraise for the University.
86. The University shall establish the Education Foundation to seek donations from the society. The Foundation aims at raising funds to finance students, sponsor academic research, and promote the development of the University.
87. The University shall set up the Alumni Association to serve the alumni, encouraging their participation in the University development and increasing educational resources.
Chapter Nine Emblem, Anthem, and Anniversary
88. The University Emblem includes the University Seal and the University Badge. The University Seal is composed of two concentric circles of differing radii. The inner circle contains arepresentation of a flying swan, which is the artistic display of the letters “JLU”, the English initials for JilinUniversity.
|1||Admission Fee||100000 INR|
|2||Registration Fee||100000 INR|
|3||Counselling Fee||50000 INR|
|4||Tuition Fee||15000 RMB|
|5||Hostel Fee||2500 RMB|
|8||Medical Examination Fee||500 RMB|
|9||Int”nl Student’s Development Fee||5000 RMB|
|10||Residence Permit Fee||1200 RMB|
|11||JW202 & Liason Fee||3500 RMB|
|12||Visa Fee||5200 INR|
|1||Tuition Fee||15000 RMB|
|2||Hostel Fee||2500 RMB|
|1||Tuition Fee||15000 RMB|
|2||Hostel Fee||2500 RMB|
|1||Tuition Fee||15000 RMB|
|2||Hostel Fee||2500 RMB|
|1||Tuition Fee||15000 RMB|
|2||Hostel Fee||2500 RMB|
|Total Expenditure for 5 Years||1274200 INR|
|All money calculated @ 1RMB=10.0 INR (may increase or decrease as per the current exchange rate)|
|First Time Air Fare one way=25000 INR (Approx.)|
|All Payment Of 1st year in India by Demand Draft payable in favour of|
|“Advisor The Educational Academy” payable at Lucknow|
We are Providing JILIN MEDICAL UNIVERSITY in China Admission 2020-2021 From Rajkot, Surat, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Palanpur, Junagadh, Jamnagar, Dwarka, Morbi, Kutch, Amreli, Surendranagar, Bhavnagar, Gir Somnath, Banaskantha, Bhuj, Ankles war, Gujarat, India 2020-21, if you are looking then get in touch with us !